Wednesday, January 28, 2009

by the numbers

I've been here a little over a week now and here are some statistics of my daily life in Denmark versus my daily life in America:

Average daily wake-up time for an 8:30am class:
In America: 8:20am
In Denmark: 6:30am

Average number of kilometres biked per day:
In America: 0km
In Denmark: 4km

Average length of shower in minutes:
In America: 20-40min
In Denmark: 1-3min


Some other interesting facts about my life here:
1. My host mother, Helle, insists on doing my laundry
2. I found a delightful bakery right around the corner from my school buildings that have daily specials for 12KR, which is ridiculously cheap (like $2)
3. I have successfully reduced my biking time to 8 minutes to the train station
4. I have watched plenty of Danish handball to last a lifetime. Apparently there is some sort of European tournament or something happening. It's intense...that's all I know.

This past weekend I went to a sort of farmer's market in Roskilde, which is a bigger town than where I live (Borup). It sort of reminded me of State St. in Media...but bigger. Then we drove around the area and Helle pointed out places that we'll go to....I thought she meant that weekend but turns out they're places we'll go to when it's warmer out. Like the Viking museum, and a lake where we can barbeque.

That's all for now!
Vi ses! (See you later!)
Olivia

2 comments:

  1. Did you explain to the host mother that Mom made us start doing our own laundry when we were only 3 years old?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the poor little Branco children, always working and never doing any fun vacations to the beach or D.C. or anything!! But what I really want to know is will you be in good enough shape for the Ironman by the time you get back here?! Looking forward to the Viking photos!!!

    ReplyDelete